Apply For Car Washing Jobs In Canada – Are you currently interested in getting a car washing job in Canada? If yes! You are one of the many reasons why we decided to put up this article. This article is designed to guide you on car washing jobs and how you can get one in Canada. In this article, we will be discussing about car washing jobs in Canada, there requirements, expectations, companies offering them and how you can apply for them.
Car washing jobs are very common jobs you can easily find in Canada, there are lots of large and small firms currently looking for people interested in carrying out this job offer. The offer and vacancies most times increases during summer. Also, in areas where there are lots of dust, there is always high demand for such jobs. Due to the nature of the job which involves washing cars and other heavy machineries, the workers are most times paid per hour and sometimes based on the number of cars you can wash per day. For example, an average car washer in Canada earns about 18$/Hr. in Canada. Some companies in Canada offer higher pay, but this depends on your agreement with them. For example, if you are willing to wash heavy equipment’s and also clean the environment, then you might qualify for higher pay. Most immigrants and foreign workers are currently working under such condition, but we strongly advise you consider your health before taking extra jobs.
Before we dive dip into what we have for you today, we will like to fulfil our promise of first describing and explaining some important terms about car washing jobs in Canada.
Who is a car washer?
A Car washer is a person responsible for washing cars and carrying out all other daily duties that ensure effective operation of the car wash facility.
The job description for car washers also involves delivering the best customer service to their customers.
The role of a car washer entails and not limited to working outside, where there is opportunity to interact with customers and ensure they are happy.
They greet customers with a warm smile, ask them what they are willing to get done, collect the required fee, and happily get the job done.
Duties and task of a car washer?
- The car washer is expected to participate in the washing process and apply car wash equipment
- They will be required to greet customers, explain available wash services to them; take and process wash payments to the best satisfaction of customers.
- They might be required to scrub heavily soiled and hard to reach areas of the customers or company’s vehicles, and pre-wash exterior areas of cars
- They might be expected to carry out periodic maintenance of equipment used in washing to keep them in the right shape.
- They will be required to perform cleaning of facility and ensure everything is kept in other.
- They would be required to provide assistance to customers in any area that has to do with car washing.
- They could be required to apply water hoses, nozzles, brushes, soap buckets, broom, hand tools, pressure washer, and grease gun.
- They will be required to ensure that they move or direct cars into the wash area with a pleasant, focused, and competent attitude.
- They might be required to ensure that they carry out visual inspection of customer or companies’ vehicles to confirm their condition before approving them for washing.
- They will be required to ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to in carrying out their daily task.
- They will be required to ensure vacuums are unclogged, trash cans are properly emptied, and hoses properly hung
- They will be required to ensure that the right thing is done at the right time with customers, home office, and fellow teammates.
Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Knowledge for Car Washers in Canada
As a car washer, your responsibilities are and not limited to clean customers’ cars and to provide excellent customer service. Your job duties include and not limited to all aspects of washing the interiors and exteriors of cars. For car interiors, you are expected to dispose of trash, vacuum floors and seats, polish surfaces, and clean the inside of the car windshield and windows. For the case of car exteriors, you are expected to pre-soak, soap, rinse, and dry the car. You can also apply wax and clean tires too. As part of the car wash attendant team, you will be expected to have a strong communication skill, physical agility, and customer service skills. There are no specific educational qualifications for car wash attendant jobs.
Companies offering car washing jobs in Canada
Here is a short list of some of the companies offering car washing jobs in Canada:
- Doctor Car wash
- Bayview Car Wash Ltd
- Enterprise Holdings
- United Parcel Service
- Audi of Mississauga
- Penske Truck Leasing and Logistics
- Automotive wholesale Inc
- Avis Budget Group
- Nanak Car wash Inc
- CK collision Centers
- Unique Window Tinting & Detailing
Sites You Can Find Car Washing Jobs in Canada
Here is a list of 12 best job listing websites in Canada where you can easily find car washing jobs;
- Robert Half
- Simply Hired
- Google For Jobs
- Individual Company websites
How to best use job search websites
To improve your chance of getting a new job, you need to ensure that your resume is well polished and professional, no matter the job offer you are applying for. Your resume and profiles on job listing websites are marketing collateral for a very important enterprise.
You need to take smart steps which involves registering and setting up alerts with more than one website. All career website comes with different features and these features are very important to you as a jobseeker. So, you need to learn how to use them properly and to your favor.
Lastly, do not neglect other useful methods for finding jobs, such as in-person networking events, reaching out to former coworkers, job fairs and more.
How To Apply for Fruit Picking Jobs In Canada
To apply for any job offer, we strongly advice you first set out enough time to check out the company’s official recruitment portal. That is the only place you can get firsthand information about the recruitment and how you can apply. Kindly select from any of the companies that we have listed above, search for their website on google and visit their recruitment page.
Lastly, do ensure you apply for the job opportunity using the right email and personal information. Good luck.