Are you looking for a fully or partially funded scholarship for international students that you can apply for?
Then you have just stumbled on the right webpage as this article is enriched with quality information about fully and partially funded scholarships for international students to study abroad.
We have taken our time to research on available and ongoing fully and partially funded scholarships to help students that want to study abroad.
These scholarships are either funded by the institution, government or an organization and it is a way to help students that are finding it difficult to sponsor their education.
So without further ado, we will just move right into what we have for you…
What Is A Scholarship?
We wouldn’t just want to jump into the list of fully and partially funded scholarships for international students without defining what a scholarship is.
According to Cambridge dictionary, a scholarship is an amount of money given by a school, college, university, or other organization to pay for the studies of a person with great ability but little money.
According to Wikipedia it is a form of financial aid awarded to students to further education.
Scholarships can be given to students based on a number of factors like academic merit, diversity and inclusion, athletic skill and financial need.
A scholarship demonstrates the goals, mission and values of the awarder and the awardee is not required to repay the scholarship.
Types Of Scholarships
There are three types of scholarships for international students who want to study abroad.
- Fully-funded scholarship
- Partially-funded scholarship
· Fully-Funded Scholarship
This is a scholarship that covers everything a student would need while studying abroad like tuition fees, living expenses, travel cost, insurance, book allowance etc.
This is the best study grant for any international student that wants to study abroad.
· Partially-Funded Scholarship
The partially-funded scholarship is of two types and they are tuition-fee waiver scholarship and subsidized scholarship.
Ø Tuition Fee Waiver Scholarship
This is a partial scholarship that covers only the students’ tuition fees. It will cover your tuition fees throughout your academic programme but doesn’t cover living expenses or other materials you would need while studying.
Ø Subsidized Scholarship
This is a low budget scholarship for international students. This scholarship doesn’t cover your tuition fees or living expenses instead it helps to finance your academics partially.
Forms Of Scholarships
These forms of scholarships are under the types of scholarships we mentioned above. They are the different forms a scholarship can take and they are:
- Scholarships for research, athletic or artistic achievements
- Scholarships for students with low incomes
- Scholarships for international students
- Scholarships for excellent academic results (merit-based scholarships)
- Scholarships for under-represented groups
List Of Fully And Partially Funded Scholarships For International Students
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program (USA)
- University of Sydney International Scholarship
- Lester B. Pearson Scholarship in Canada for international Students
- Polytechnic University of Milan Scholarships for International Students
- The Government of Romania MEET Scholarship 2022-2023
- Herbert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program USA
- DAAD Helmut Schmidt Master Scholarship in Germany, 2023
- University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships
- Harvard University Academy Scholars Program
- Chang Gung University Scholarship for international Students
- Government of Malaysia Technical Cooperation Scholarship
- EPOS DAAD Scholarships in Germany For Development
- Canadian Government Banting Fellowships
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships (Master, PhD and Research)
- DAAD Scholarship in International and Development Economics
- Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP)
- Rhodes Scholarship for West Africa (study in the UK)
- University of Melbourne Scholarships for Graduate Students
· Fulbright Foreign Student Program (USA)
This is a fully-funded scholarship by the USA government and it is for international student that want to run their master’s or PhD degrees in the United States.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program allows graduate students, young professionals and artists from other countries to study and conduct research at universities and academic institutions in the United States.
Scholarship Deadline: February to October 2022 (varies)
Scholarship Type: USA government Fully-funded Masters/ PhD degree
Scholarship Number: around 4,000 international students each year
Eligible Countries: international students from 155 countries of the world
Scholarship Value: fully-funded scholarship
Scholarship Duration: throughout the duration of the study program
Scholarship Website: www.foreign.fulbrightonline.org/about/foreign-fulbright/
· University Of Sydney International Scholarship
The University of Sydney is a public research university that was established in 1850 and it is located in Sydney, Australia. The university is the oldest university in Australia and it is seen as one of the top universities in the world as it sits at number 18 in the world’s top 25 universities for academic reputation according to QS World University Rankings and top 4 in the world and first in Australia for graduate employability.
University of Sydney was among the first universities in the world to admit students mainly on academic merit and opened their doors to women too.
The University of Sydney International Scholarship is funded by the University and it is a way that high quality international postgraduate students can study a master’s degree or PhD in the university.
Scholarship Deadline: 30 September, 2022
Scholarship Type: University Of Sydney fully-funded postgraduate’s scholarship
Scholarship Number: not specified
Eligible Countries: international students from around the world
Scholarship Value: the scholarship is a fully funded one that is valued at $35,629 per annum.
Scholarship Website: www.sydney.edu.au/scholarships/e/university-sydney-international-scholarship/
· The Government of Romania MEET Scholarship 2022-2023
This is a scholarship for international students that want to study in a Romanian University. The scholarship program is organized by the Ministry of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Tourism (MEET) and the Ministry of Education (ME) for international students that want to study at undergraduate, Master’s and PhD level in Romania.
Romania is ranked 45 in the world’s largest economy and 52 in the Human Development index.
Scholarship Deadline: July 31, 2022
Scholarship Type: Romanian Government fully-funded scholarship for undergraduate, Master’s and PhD degree
Scholarship Number: About 40 awardees
Scholarship Value: fully funded
Eligible Countries: international students from around the world except citizens of EU/EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) member states.
- Undergraduate (3 to 6 years)
- Master’s (1.5 to 2 years)
- PhD (3-4 years)
Scholarship Website: www.edu.ro/
Ø DAAD Helmut Schmidt Master Scholarship in Germany, 2023
This is scholarship program that is looking to further equip future leaders in politics, economics, administration and law according to the principles of good governance and to prepare them in a practice-oriented course for their careers.
The program is open to students from developing countries that have a Bachelor’s degree and want to pursue a master’s degree in disciplines that will help in the political, economic and social development of their home countries.
Scholarship Deadline: July 31, 2022
Field Of Study: Master of Development and Governance, Analysis and Design of Social Protection Systems, Master of Public Policy (MPP), Peace and Conflict Studies, Master of Public Management (MPM), Master of Governance and Public Policy etc.
Scholarship Type: Government fully funded scholarship for master’s degree
Scholarship Number: not specified
Scholarship Value: Fully-funded
- Western, Central, South-Eastern Europe
- Middle East, North Africa
- Eastern Europe, Central Asia and South Caucasus
- Latin America
- Africa, Sub-Saharan
Scholarship Duration: 4 semesters
Ø Chang Gung University Scholarship For International Students
Chang Gung University is a private research university that was established in 1987 and it is located in Taoyuan City, Taiwan. The university is ranked number 5 in Taiwan and it is among the top 600 universities in the world according to Academic Ranking Of World Universities.
The university is accepting applications for fall 2022 from students of all levels while the spring intake is only open to master and doctoral applicants.
International students that apply for admission in the university and meet the criteria will be considered for the Chang Gung University Scholarships for International Students.
Scholarship Deadline: July 11, 2022
Scholarship Type: Chang Gung University fully-funded Master’s and PhD degree Programs
Scholarship Number: 75 (25 for master’s degree and 50 for PhD applicants)
Eligible Countries: open to all nationalities
Scholarship Value: fully-funded
Scholarship Duration: duration of master and PhD programs.
Scholarship Website: www.cgu.edu.tw/
Partially Funded Scholarships
- Google Conference Scholarships (Americas) 2022-2023
- SRH Hochschule Berlin Germany Full Scholarships for new Ukrainian Students 2022
- WU Executive Academy Vienna Austria Global Executive MBA / Scholarships for Female Leaders 2023
- Malaysian Government MTCP Scholarship 2022- Master’s Degree Programme 2022
- University of Melbourne Australia Students Grants 2022 (Up to $10,000)
- UWE Bristol UK Faculty Of Arts Dean’s Bursary 2022
- Lingnan University Hong Kong Non-local Student Scholarships 2022/2023 (Fully Funded)
- The University of Sydney Australia Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2022/2023
- Saginaw Valley State University Michigan USA President’s International Scholarships 2022
- University of Melbourne Australia AG Whitlam International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2022
- Birmingham City University England UK Undergraduate Merit Scholarships 2022/2023
- King’s College London England UK Bosco Tso & Emily Ng Scholarships 2022-23 (Biggest Scholarship)
- The University of Manchester England Uk Engineering the Future Scholarships 2022/2023 (Biggest Scholarship)
- University of Adelaide Research Scholarship – CSIRO Supplementary Scholarship 2022
- Loyola University Paul D. Coverdell Fellowship, 2022-23
- Technische Universität Dresden Germany Scholarship- and Mentoring Programme (DAAD-STIBET) 2022/2023
- De Montfort University England UK High Achievers Scholarship 2022/2023
- The Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences Netherlands Amsterdam Talent Scholarship (ATS) 2022
- Loyola University Rule of Law Scholarship, 2022-23
- University of Melbourne Australia 600 Graduate Research Scholarships (Up to $110,000)
- Government of Canada Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022/2023
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel Belgium PhD Scholarship Legal History and Construction History 2022/2023
- Royal Holloway Principal’s Masters Scholarships in England, UK 2022/2023
- Maastricht School of Management Netherlands Women Ambassadorship Scholarships 2022/2023
- University of Birmingham England UK Birmingham Masters Scholarship scheme 2022/2023
- Columbia College Missouri USA Automatic merit-based scholarships for traditional students 2023
· Royal Holloway Principal’s Masters Scholarships In England, Uk 2022/2023
Royal Holloway University of London is a public research university and a constituent college of the federal University of London. The University was established in 1879 by Thomas Holloway.
Royal Holloway Principal’s Master Scholarship is now available for international students.
Scholarship Deadline: July 15, 2022
Scholarship Type: Partially funded Masters Scholarship
Scholarship Value: A value of £4,000 tuition fee reduction
Eligible Countries: International students and domestic students
Scholarship Duration: All through the Master’s program
Scholarship Website: www.royalholloway.ac.uk/
· University Of Melbourne Australia 600 Graduate Research Scholarships
University of Melbourne is a public research university that was established in 1853 in Melbourne, Australia and it is the second-oldest university in Australia.
The university has officially announced the scholarships for the upcoming class and so graduate students can apply for the scholarship if they meet the requirement for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
The university offers this type of scholarship every year to welcome students to the campus.
Scholarship Deadline: not specified
Scholarship Type: partially funded graduate scholarship
Scholarship Number: 600 graduates
Scholarship Value: up to $110,000
Eligible Countries: international students from around the world
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between scholarship and grants?
Scholarship and grants are types of gift aid to students and so students are not expected to pay back this gift aid. The difference between these two is that grants are usually need-based and are often for young people who cannot afford the costs of their studies but scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit or other special abilities.
- What is the difference between scholarship and student loan?
Student loans are a form of financial aid that the student will have to pay back and sometimes with interest. Unlike the scholarship which is free and sometimes fully funded.
- Which country is the easiest to get a scholarship in?
Some of the top countries where you can easily get scholarship to study are: Germany, France, China, Italy, Canada, Australia, and the UK.
We have taken our time to compile a list of the available and ongoing fully and partially funded scholarship for international students.
Some of these scholarships are government funded, while some others are funded by universities to allow international students to come study an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
Ensure that you visit the official website of the scholarship program so that you can get full information about the scholarship you want to apply for so that you will the eligibility criteria, if you are eligible and how to apply for the scholarship program.
wikipedia.org – definition of scholarship and types of scholarship
scholars4dev.com – fully-funded scholarship for international students
greatyop.com – fully-funded scholarship for international students, 2022-2023
scholarshipsads.com – partially funded scholarships for international students